Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Presentation

I really enjoyed this module. I have been teaching for a little over 5 years and it is critical to know your audience. I think given any presentation, the presenter must visually paint a picture regarding where he/she will take the audience. It is very important to recap/summarize at the end of the presentation to see if the goals/points were met during the presentation.

Sabrina,
yes the recap/summary is a very effective way to end any presentation & sometimes even asking the audience what they learned is a great way to help reinforce the points.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Hi, I am new to teaching and this module was very helpful and took 3 main points from this module.
1. I need to always envision my presentation going well from start to finish.
2. Walk around in the audience to get them more involved.
3. Always recap and summarize my presentation at the end. Begin with saying what you are going to talk about, talk about it and then end with summarizing what I just talked about.

Timberly,
these are great lessons to learn & the more you prepare the more you will be able to carry these out.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I have been teaching for 2 years and I am not confident that I am doing a good job. I think this lesson can give me more confidence by implementing what I learned today.

Danny,
improving our presentation skills is a great way to build confidence & effectiveness as classroom instructors.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I look forward to using what I've learned in this module in the near future

Sign In to comment