Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

TV Interviews

While TV interviews can be stressful, it always helps to be well prepared.

I agree ,always know your material well and be poised,well dressed and confident.

I agree, it would be less stressful if you feel prepared.

You can never be over prepared. I my opinion

I think being well-dressed and confident is very important. The confidence in the subject material can often be judged within a few short moments, and being well-dressed portrays the professionalism of the speaker.

Doing a interview on camera takes pratice, be well prepared on your subject and it will take a lot of stress of of you.

...and don't hesitate to pause if you need to, rather than making "non-word" sounds (um, uh). Those KILL your credibility. Just look at some of our politicians.

Any time you make comments, whether on tv or not, it is important for you to realize that you have an aducience, and it is best to be prepared. Speaking off the cuff can cause you to say or do things that you might seriously regret.

I agree. There may be a unique instance where you will not have time to prepare. My best suggestion is to keep your responses simple and to the point, smile and breathe!

Try to be prepared. Be well dressed and act professionally.
Do not wing it; that can cause lots of pauses and "ums".

I make a program for myself and have friends gather to ask questions about the subject of the interview to prepare myself.

i agree

Easy to say be prepared. I was prepared once, but the question asked was why do you need to make so much money? I leaned back and choked on my answer.

preparation and safety are the most important

Being prepared and staying focused are very good thing to be before going on air.

Don't let your nerves get the best of you, and just pretend the camera isn't even there by simply having a conversation with the interviewer.

Sign In to comment