Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

NON VERBAL COMMUNICATION

I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT I HAVE A HARD TO INTERPET LOOK & PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ ME. FROM MY POINT OF VEIW THEY SHOULD BE LISTONING TO WHAT I'M SAYING NOT THE WAY I LOOK AS I'M SAYING IT.

I find that if I act one way and talk another the wrong message gets out. I have found if I look and act as if I realy mean what I say it comes across much stronger

I realize that my facial expression sends the wrong message to others who are either listening to me talking or observing me when I'm handling a task. I need to work on always displaying a
"pleasant" expression on my face.

I find that I get more staff related complaints due to my staff's nonverbal communciation than I do about the things they "say".

If you have a strained or hard look about you that can distract from your message.

Getting your thoughts across nonverbally if your unable to verbalize it, can create a positive message, whether negative or positive. To do both and exemplify your true thoughts, you achieve a greater response from others. Equally conveying both to get your point across so they correlate is key.

If people do not know how to read you, possibly you should try to be more communicative in your demeanor.

It is important to remember that when communicating, what the message sender thinks is not as important as how the what the message reciever thinks...

Yes sometimes people can read you wrong. One must trey to be more pleasnt and positive.

I think verbal communication is the best.

I think both, verbal and non-verbal communications are equally important. When I am lecturing in class I am observing my student’s body language, facial expressions, etc. to see if they are interested and paying attention to your lecture, amused, bored? etc. A great way to tell if your audience is interested.

An instructor must be able to wear a good poker face, to help some students save face in front of their peers, for some of the most outrageous responses.

I am just the opposite, my face is an open book. My students can tell if I am pleased with the outcome of the days lesson or if I am not pleased.

Sign In to comment