Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Feedback to students and employees

I have had many years of experience in management and as a college instructor and have found the provide feedback is extremely essential in each situation. Your employees need the feedback to assist in their moral and motivational factors while on the job and your students need the same form of feedback to encourage them during their educational advancements.

When providing feedback, we must remember that feedback must apply to the student and be something that the student can control and change. By providing detailed information the student will be able process the feedback and make the necessary changes where as by providing a broad statement of improvement will only create confusion and frustration within the student.

I am an online instructor and have to give feedback to students on their assignments on a regular basis. This requires keeping to the topic at hand. Even though I may want the assignment to be completed a certain way I try to weigh the student's work and find good things in what they did do. Being too harsh does not bring about better results. Being constructive and stating what I am looking works better.

This short tutorial is a very good review and reminder.
Norma Thomas

I found the tutorial to be very beneficial. I am an online instructor and a Sgt. with a police department in Ohio. I believe this training will be beneficial both as an instructor and a supervisor. I was reading some of the other posts and I like the notion behind the "Sandwich" approach. Positive comments at the start and end of the feedback and the negative comments in the middle.

I agree with you and believe that providing feedback to students allows them to understand the concepts we are trying to teach.

I believe that positive feedback can increase the motivation and work ethic of all facutly and staff and I too like the appraoch of a compliament sandwich.

Sign In to comment