Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Involve your students on presentation.

In most of my lectures I have my students participate by asking them questions or including them in the lectures.

Sounds like a good tip. When you say you "include them" in your lecture, I assume you mean Questions that you generate rather than having students submit questions before the lecture. I have observed that including a summary question or two at the end of the presentation can draw students into discussion that will allow you to restate some key points for emphasis.

I always involved students in my presentations. That practice creates a great armony between students and me and they feel comfortable too.That technique " break the ice " and the results are better

Communicating with students is a two way street. I often use scenarios to illustrate the topic with "What ifs" to draw audience into the conversation.

I like to ask if there are any volunteers when including my students,so they won't be under any pressure to participate.I usually find this to be very effective in my class.

Sign In to comment