Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Bullet Points

Hello!

With the abundance of emails that are sent out every day in our organization, I have found bullet points to be the most effective. We have noticed that because emails are sent so frequently, employees have a tendency to skim emails instead of ready through them. I thought this section provided some great ideas on how to be the most effective in written communication.

I totally agree. To make sure those 'skimmers' will catch the main ideas, it can also be helpful to bold the most important words or sentences.

Bullet points help me consolidate my thoughts, and I find it easier to pick up the main points when reading an e-mail with bullets

Great points! Bullets allow the writer to clearly state the points in a clear, organized manner.

It allows the audience/reader to read for the main points in a streamlined manner.

So many times, I have received a memo or letter from someone that right from the start it appears he/she is trying to impress with words. My eyes glaze over almost immediately.
So I agree with your statement – too many emails and too little time, Keep It Simple

Bullets points are great... short sweat and to the point. my opinion what is the bottom line.

I completely agree. I have found that it really helps me organize my thoughts and get the point across.

Sign In to comment