Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Communication Breakdown

How do you overcome a situation when a boss is selective on sharing information with a certain team member when we are all part of the same project/team?

Jordan,
This may be an instance where you need to confront your boss directly. You need to explain that this behavior is having a negative effect on you and the team. Ask how you can all work on communicating more effectively. Ask what you can do to help this process.. Point out how better communication will help achieve business goals effectively and efficiently.

Ron Obstfeld

Hi Jordan,

That is definitely a big problem! It is actually very common where I work because we tend to work at a distance from one another - many members of my team are in the DC/Virginia area, but the rest of us are scattered around the country. I'm in Texas, for example. So we have multiple time zones, different "day" jobs, etc. It makes it hard; in our case, we make sure to cc everyone on emails, even if they aren't directly involved. This means that no one feels out of the loop, and it helps us keep the team together at all times.

Thanks,
Kate

Sign In to comment