Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Adaptability

It is considered an asset for an employee to be adaptable to different circumstances and this lesson shows that it is even more important for a manager to be so. One size does not fit all when managing various situations, and a good manager knows when to utilize what method in order to be most effective.

Has anyone here ever had a situation where you were unsure of how to handle managing a project? How did you cope with this?

I think prejudging or stereotyping has a lot to do with how you handle certain situations. This applies to both people and projects. It's okay to be unsure, it's okay to be taken by surprise, it's okay to make mistakes. What is not okay is to personify perfection and take the lead when in fact you have absolutely no clue what to do next.

I agree with you wholeheartedly! I think the one thing a person (manager or not) can do is try to act like they know what they are doing when it is blatantly obvious they do not. Everyone should be open to learning and admitting when they do not know something or when they made a mistake.

I agree that not everythingis going to go right all the time. A well prepared manager needs to be adaptable to situations and listen to employees suggestions. There is not one way to do things.

A good adaptive manager, can assess the people he or she will be working with, the situation of the project and applies a strategy for the best project's result. This might include tapping on other personnel resource that supplements his or her group.

Sign In to comment