Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Donald,

There is research out there about rubrics, grading online, assessment, etc. You can find what you are looking for.

I felt this way before I realized the true value of rubrics. The largest barrier was I felt that I did not have enough time to create the rubrics. I realized that in the long run this actually saved me time because I created a standardized grading tool. It also improved the number of complaints I received about clarity in my feedback and scoring. The use of the rubric alleviated most of the confusion. I did see "the light"!

Kristina,

Right on. It does take some time to create effective republics, but it is worth it in the long run. Thanks.

Dr. Tena B. Crews

I do now see the benefits of using rubrics in how to use it to provide objectives and goals. How it provides clear comment in regards to grading and how it helps in constructing a course. This course made a big difference

Jim,

Great. Once we learn the beneifits we are more likely to use rubrics. Thanks for your input.

Rubrics are actually extremely helpful to the instructor as well as the student. It allows us to apply very objective standards across the student's work. It also allows us to point to specific criteria that we expect the student to demonstrate so that the subjective nature of grading is reduced. It assists students by helping them to narrow down key concepts that they need to work with or are expected to develop strong application skills for using. It also allows them to make corrections from assignment to assignment on things like (APA) formatting or other overall criteria that they may be able to address cross-functionally.

Beth,

You are right on target. Rubrics help all involved in the learning/assessment process. Thanks for your input.

Hannah,
They don't know what they are missing. I use to be that way, until I was "forced" to use them. Since I have been using them, grading is much easier and less time consuming then before.

Dale,

I agree. Once you begin to use good rubrics, you can't live without them. ;-)

Thanks!

I know recently where I work, my director has put an emphasis on using rubrics. One of the reasons I took this online course was to get a better understanding of why the rubrics is effective.

Matthew,

Rubrics are helpful to the students and instructors. It's nice when one tool can help all involved.

Thanks for your continued input in these forums.

Using Rubrics for me have become a life saver. I agree with Dale that using Rubrics makes grading much easier and the extra time I have gained using rubric I can now use engaging my students in the classroom.

Chantee ,

I can totally agree. Between rubrics and Adobe Connect, my teaching became much easier online.

Sign In to comment