Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Authentic Assessments

In our curriculum authentic assessments are the most important evaluation tool that we have. The students need feedback as to their ability to perform exercises, teach exercises, modify and progress exercises, and also connect with a potential client. The on-line environment has created many challenges, but we are learning to use technology more effectively. For example having the students record themselves demonstarting exercises and then submitting recordings.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to alternatives for authentic assessments for a fitness-based curriculum? Best practices?

Susan,

That is a good idea. I have some friends that use journals as a way to collect specific information such as food diaries and exercise logs. I also know some instructors that use some food diary programs to track food and to teach caloric intake. (this is not my area)

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

It is interesting to hear your perspective as a fitness instructor. I feel that all educational environments have plenty in common. I think that recording students as they learn is a great idea.

Sign In to comment