Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A Color-full Online Classroom

As I was pondering how I would apply Color-Full communication with my online students, I realized that the Discussions & Feedback would be the primary areas of communication to update in my classroom.

Then I realized that a simple solution that could easily be implemented would be:

Provide a simple reminder that the assigned discussion or class work could be completed & turned in anytime during the week and could be completed with via their laptop or smart phone (ORANGE).

Next, encourage the student to share or elaborate on the discussion topic with their own personal story & possibly share a personal story of my own on the topic at hand (BLUE).

And last, call on students to google or research or share additional details on the topic (GREEN).

Hmmmmm...... Not sure how I would engage the GOLD students.   Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi, Lauree.

This is a GREAT question - one that has had me thinking intensely tonight. I think that since Golds are goal-oriented, maybe we could tie in their future careers with the weekly discussions. That will create very interesting discussions for them. Also, maybe there could be a weekly classroom blog that covers topics such as organization, proactive communication in future healthcare careers, professionalism, and so on. Your thoughts?

~ Stacie 

Sign In to comment