Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Communication

I always call students before the course starts. Then I make certain I contact them if they are participating and if they are failing. I do what I can to tutor them and give them some one on one time. My goal is to help them get one step closer to their degree plan.

I agree with your Terri. I think that its very imporatnt to show the students from the start that we as the instructors do care about the students learning while they are within the course. I send out weekly reminders and also do weekly outreaches to the whole class and also contact the students who are on the border line of passing and failing the course. 

Communicating with students with a personal call is a very effective way to put the "personal touch" on the course.  Students are assured I am there to facilitate their education and have a contact number to assist them.  Breezy also made a good point in sending out weekly reminders.  While a weekly posting is part of every course, I also send weekly reminders to both the student and student's alternate e-mail to help ensure the message is received.

Sign In to comment