Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

True Colors

I enjoyed learning about the True Colors personality profiling system as that was new information to me.

I plan on using the idea of asking questions on the Introduction/Ice Breakers Discussion boards that would lead me to understand the personality colors of the students.  Good information to know as we progress through the course.

Julie,

Just curious what types of Ice breaker Discussion board questions you will have-  Will you create different questions to appeal to the different personality colors?  Or is your student population primarily one color.

I was thinking about my student population and I believe that the highest percentage of my students are Orange 50-80%,

and the next highest category is Blue 20-30%, and the remaining divided between the Gold and Green.

In my discussions, I might remind students they can turn in their responses whenever they prefer and do this from either their laptop or smart phones (orange).  And then I would encourage them to share any of their personal experiences on the topic (blue).  And finally, I would ask for additional tips or details on the topic (green).

I'm not sure how I would appeal to the Gold students.  Do you have any ideas?

Sign In to comment