Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Why is blogging a good educational tool?

Blogging is a great educational tool because it gives online students the opportunity to express their opinions, thoughts, and facts by means of a technology tool that is easy to use. They can be accessed anytime, and anywhere as long as you have internet access. Blogs can also be great technical tool for teachers to use in order to create classroom activities that extend beyond the traditional four walls of a school building.

Aldgenette,

Great post How would you assess it?

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

The younger generation are more apt to be involved with blogging because they can do it easily on their phones where ever they are. It is very convenient and quick. They feel more comfortable with this tool

Joan,
Great point, I agree. You will provide the framework of their usage using a rubric for grading that outlines expectations.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Blogging is a good educational tool because it provides students with the opportunity to reflect/think, write, and respond.

Blogging is also a wonderful platform for students to address issues that they find important.

Linda,

I agree with you. They have to support their ideas with fact and they have to take the feedback of others. That is skill all students need.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

I think that blogging is a good education tool because it is yet another avenue to engage students in learning. Blogging is a way to create enthusiasm in students for writing and communicating their ideas. Blogging give students experience in real-world digital knowledge management, working with groups, and information sharing. All of which gives student a an opportunity to discover the work and joy of communicating their ideas in written form, and then getting feedback from others.

Kendrick,

That is right, it can be that important tool that connects knowledge and/or skills to the real world. It allows them to develop their professional communication in a more robust way.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

I feel this is a great tool, as many students can actually learn from one another as well as the materials provided, giving them many different views of the same topic for a better understanding.

Sign In to comment