Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Measuring Good Communication

Measuring good communication is important to do in the online environment to ensure the instructor is reaching the students and engaging them effectively. The instructor may try several different ways to communicate and evaluate which ones work best in the classroom. Stating clear objectives the first day of class helps the students understand the expectations of the courses and how to communicate.

Stacy,

Good points. We have to reach and engage students in the communication process and help them succeed. Thanks for the information you have provided in these forums..

Clearly stating objectives early on IS very important. Expanding on those objectives by giving examples is also a major tool that I use. Once things have been established I also pay close attention to the types of students that I have and try to engage them in accordance with the type of learner that they are.

Nicholas ,

Yes, communicating early on is very important. We want the students to understand the expectations so they can reach the learning outcomes. Thanks!

Sign In to comment