Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

rubric

How many of you use the same rubric guideline for each assignment?

Lisa,

I have a different rubric for each assignment as they meet different learning outcomes.

Lisa - I work for a school that creates the rubric for me. I find that the same rubric is used in multiple classes. This is very difficult for me as not all assignments have the same requirements. It is difficult for me to mold my thinking to be similar on all assignments.

Linnea & Lisa,

Thanks for continuing the conversation. It's great to learn from each other and talk about what works, what doesn't work and what the difficulties are that we deal with. Thanks again.

Linnea, Lisa,
I suppose in that respect, I am lucky. I am able to create my own rubrics. I usually break them down into five or six categories based on content standards and assignment objectives. Thankfully, I am able to tailor rubrics for each assignment which I feel is important since different assignments analyze different skill sets. I don't like generic rubrics that say something like "skill mastered" or "needs improvement." In my opinion, this isn't useful feedback.

Alaina,

Specific feedback is necessary. And, they should be tied to the learning outcomes. If you can't make your own rubrics at least double check them and see if you can make changes.

Thanks for your input.

Hi Lisa,
I have developed different rubrics for each individual project assignment, given that the objectives and outcomes differ for each assignment.I also update the rubric for the individual assignment for each new session of classes. However, in evaluating the discussion boards, the rubric is the same.

Tina and Lisa,

Thanks for sharing your rubric experiences. Keep up the good work.

Sign In to comment