Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I Use Pink Floyd Style Use of Graphics To

help students remember important points. People remember pictures as representations of ideas. Mind conditioning.

Reid,

Good point. You are appealing to different learning styles. Nice job.

Reid,

Good thought. Sometimes we can forget how powerful a picture can be in helping someone remember a concept. Because I am a multiple type of learner I try and put lots of different modes of learning styles into my courses. I do this a lot even with working with my kids. So I guess not only do we need to consider generations but also learning styles.

William Huber

William and Reid,

A picture can be worth a thousand words. Helping student learn in a variety of ways is helpful. Thanks for sharing.

Great idea. A number of people are visual learners, including myself. Pictures do help in understanding and remembering concepts.

Stephanie,

Audio, visual, hands-on...we need to do as many things as we can to help students learn. Thanks.

I like to use a picture for my weekly announcements, it helps to distinguish one post from another, and also helps me to feel that I am personalizing my course space.

Patricia,

And, a picture may draw draw the students to the announcement as well. Sometimes students will just look at the announcements to see what the picture is and then they actaully read the announcement. ;-) It's a good thing. Nice job.

Using various images to appeal to different age levels is a wonderful idea! At the beginning of a quarter, I like to create a discussion thread that asks students to answer various questions about themselves as a way for us to get to know one another. Some of the questions help connect learners of the same generation, such as "What was your favorite television show or cartoon growing up?" These questions also help the students and I recognize the cultural and generational differences that exist in our classroom.

Regina,

These are good ideas that we can all think about as we communicate with all students. Thanks.

Sign In to comment