Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Civilty and Manging Overall Communication

In the courses I have taught the students are given policies and procedures the first day of the course, so they have a clear understanding of the expectations. The students are also given a rubric for their discussions and assignments so they know exactly what they will be graded on. I think it is important for the students to have a very clear understanding of the course expectations in order to do their best.

Stacy,

Definitely. When students understand the expectations they are more likely to reach the learning outcomes. Isn't this our goal? Thanks for your input.

I would agree....I often have students refer back to the first lesson to make sure they are aware of the rubric and the outlined procedures so that as they get into the course they clearly see how they apply

Lynn,

I many times simply state to the students - check the syllabus or check the rubric or review the assignment instructions. Instead of telling them the same thing over and over again, I have them look it up themselves. Thanks for your input.

Sign In to comment