Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Courtesy

As an English teacher where posts are very important, I find it is a significant part of my job to manage that element. It is so easy to cut-off student writing, especially when another student wants to use discussions to assess other students.
Chris

Christopher,

You bring a good perspective to this forum. Thanks for your input.

I occasionally run into the issue where students want to critique each other's posts instead of adding to the discussion. I try to gently remind students in their feedback that they should focus their responses on adding new information. I think it's often easier for students to criticize each other than to post a substantive response.

Krystal,

Keeping them on track is essential. Nice job.

Chris,

I do not see much of that myself however I can imagine that this is more evident with your courses. Thus the reason that a code of communication needs to be established. I do not include this in mine however probably should. It would be a great thing to establish with your course and certainly for anyone else that teaches courses where students may feel more inclined to critique others.

William Huber

William and Chris,

Establishing netiquette in any course is important. Many times students need help with these kind of factors in an online environment. Thanks!

Sign In to comment