Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Considerations

The three most important considerations are (in my opinion):
1) Are the tools used user friendly, can someone with a high school degree understand how to use the technology with a minimum degree of effort or within a couple of hours training?
2) Can older students who may be retooling their job skills make use of the technology with minimum assistance to mitigate any hesitancy with respect to being part of an online class?
3) Have I had the necessary training to make use of the up-to-date requirements/technology that is a fundamental part of the course and is expected to be used by instructors?

Marshall,

Thanks for your opinion. That is what we are here for. You bring good things to light. I like that you ask in the form of questions. Thanks again.

Hi Marshall,

As an instructor, it is important to consider the tools that are being used to foster effective learning. If the instructor nor the student is comfortable or well versed with using the tools, learning will not take place. Thinking of the type of students who are in our classes is also helpful because their level of education and or exposure to particular tools will affect their ability to be successful in the class.

Paula Bordenkecher

Paula and Marshall,

Thanks for continuing the conversation. Connecting the tools to the purpose they should serve to enhance learning is important. Thanks for your input.

Sign In to comment