Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

technology tools

For 21st centuary, technology tools have become very important not only for learning but also for communication. Today in any field like emergency manager or planner or responders job, technology tools have become a vital part of the life cycle.

Sanjay,

You are correct. Technology helps and hinder communication, effective work structures, etc. But, technology is everywhere and we need to learn (and teach others) how to use it effectively. Thanks!

I agree with your statement on the vitality of technology for the 21st and 22nd century. It often boggles the mind how effective communication was ever achieved without it. This course is the perfect example of technology. We are able to share ideas and learn in a variety of formats like never before based solely on 21st century technology. Same for the business world. Just imagine the total annual cost savings teleconferencing has provided the business world.

Reginald.

Reginald,

I agree. I don't know how many times I've said (and I'm over 50) - "What did we do without the Internet?" or "What did we do without technology?" It's funny to think about. Keeping up and sharing your ideas with others is the challenge. Thanks for you input.

This statement is so true - there are new technologies being used in the business world that can be also be used in a classroom or online for teaching purposes.

Think about how far the use of the telephone has come even since the 1950's when land-lines in homes with 25 foot cords were the only means of personal communication. Today there are all types of phones that do much more than ring when someone wants to communicate with you.

Linda,

Right on. We can do more with a phone now than we could with anything just a few years ago. It's amazing to think about the technology and how quickly it's moving. I hear the iPad 3 is coming. . .gosh. ;-)

I agree that technology is extremely important in these times. It seems that many companies, schools, and industries are struggling to keep up with current technological trends. Many employees and students are far more advanced in their use of technology then their business or school provide.

Faryl,

It is hard to keep up. The key is to evaluate the technology tools and make sure you are using the right tool for the job. Thanks for your input.

Sign In to comment