Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

White Board Great Tool

I have used white boards while lecturing and have been able to print out the notes from the white board and provide them to students. This has been useful because when reviewing concepts using the white board, students often understand the notes and explanations written on the board better than those in the book or in the lecture notes. Providing them with print outs of the information also lessens the amount of time they spend taking notes and redirects their attention to the topic being discussed.

Samantha,
Also, being able to save discussion notes helps when sending out the PPT slides. Students who have to leave early or have to miss can catch up easily. Also, it is a good reminder for others students as well ...they can continue to build on what was already said.

Dr. Ruth Reynard

I wish we had white boards at our college. I teach math and students wants to write down the problems from the board. In order to write them down the look down to write and miss information.

Lilia,
Yes, white boards truly help with collaboration and cooperative learning.

Dr. Ruth Reynard

I agree with your post. I have not yet experience working with white board but it seems to be a very useful tool for both the students and the instructor of the course. I think that as an instructor we should be able to provide all students what they need to help them gain the knowledge and the meaning of the course material.

Sign In to comment