Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Valerie,
Yes, very true. I believe that institutions should increased their technical support or out source it so that students have direct access to technicians when using these new technology tools - it should not be the work of the instructor.

Dr. Ruth Reynard

Yes! I think these challenges are inevitable when in an fully online curriculum as I am. It is also especially difficult to help students who live across the country because we rely on technology to communicate anyway! Fortunately there is always the phone to help! :-)

When a student is struggling with technology, I suggest a phone conversation as quickly as possible to try to get the student caught up. We also have "workshops" 5 days a week, where a student can visit a livechat 'classroom' to get one-on-one assistance. This allows us to view each others' screens - very helpful to troubleshoot. In some cases students lack the confidence or motivation to ask for help, but this is a challenge in any teaching format.

Jeremy,
I agree that it is vital instructors stay in touch with their students and work with them directly when needed. I like your real time interventions for students who are struggling.

Dr. Ruth Reynard

Jeremy,
I agree that it is vital instructors stay in touch with their students and work with them directly when needed. I like your real time interventions for students who are struggling.

Dr. Ruth Reynard

Sign In to comment