Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Teaching Hybrid classes

I find teaching hybrid classes to be much more rewarding than teaching totally on line classes. I find I can learn much more about my students from the face to face communication.

The challenge is to make the students understand that they must be as good in time managemant as they are for an online class.

Jim,
Yes, I agree, and I believe that hybrid will be increasing with flipped classrooms and more courses in flexible formats. It does maintain a level of real time connection that is important yet it provides flexibility in time and distance.

Dr. Ruth Reynard

I have had the opportunity to teach ground-based, hybrid and online classes. There are benefits with each format; however the hybrid model seems to be appealing to students. They can experiment and get to know an online environment. But they feel supported because they have face-to-face time with the instructor. This format may give students the confidence to consider takeing a fully online course.

Karyn,
I agree - most students do seem to enjoy the blend of the online and F2F opportunities better than deliveries that are solely one or the other.

Dr. Ruth Reynard

Sign In to comment