Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Discussion Post

In the online instructional environment, the discussion questions, posts, and responses are the lifeblood of the course. Why is it so challenging to increase participation?

Catina,
There are times when you need to throw in work experience or have students go look for a current event on the same subject....I have found.

Shelly Crider

There can be many different reasons why it is so challenging increasing participation. Some of the challenges I have encountered include duplication of answers due to a very closed-ended discussion question. Sometimes it makes it hard as an online instructor to provide original responses to students who provide the same responses to the original discussion question. Another challenge is getting students to post more than the required amount of postings each week.

Mary Kay,
The questions really need to be different as well. I have run into many questions being the same question from a different class.

Shelly Crider

Asking open ended questions can be just as simple as adding, "How" or "Why" at times, but for some questions it can be harder than others

jeanita,
I like to add.....but what if......to my questions!

Shelly Crider

Sign In to comment