Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

How can we avoid students from cheating?

It is at times very difficult to stop students from cheating especially in the discussion area. Can you share any ideas you may have on how to control such actions?

Absro,
I impress on the students that I monitor all work. Let them know the you care about the cheating. I usually give an example of what has been done in the past when I have found cheating.

Shelly Crider

Although they could cheat on projects, discussions, etc we are looking at an E-proctoring service with browser lockdown and visual monitoring of the students for exams.

David,
Where there is a will, there will certainly be a way to try! I have been reading up on Eproctoring but have not used any.

Shelly Crider

I had this just happen last week! In the discussion area, I had one student post his comments as a Word document. The 2nd student copied and pasted the 2nd - last paragraph in to a post window, probably thinking it would not be noticed that both were exact! Go figure! The cheating student was docked all discussion points, informed that if it happened again, he would fail the class; a formal report was sent to college administration.

Carolyn,
This will ensure the student that we as instructors do look at their work!

Shelly Crider

Sign In to comment