Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Guest Speakers

Sometimes I am fortunate enough to get other instructors and professionals to present or critique in my online classes. What are the best ways that some of you have found of making that happen?

Katina,
I like just what you are doing. If you do not ask, you will always get no for an answer!! Keep asking!

Shelly Crider

Katina - I have seen guest lecture series put on by a college and instructors from different departments invite (encourage) the students to attend. These are done via synchronous meetings using Adobe Connect software. So not necessarily a lecture in your class but something that could supplement the student learning and enhance the learning experience.

I have never had a guess speaker in one of my classes. I think it is a great idea. I have never even asked anyone. I have had people critique my classes and that has been very valuable. It is even better when you don't know you are being critiqued.

Paul,
Have you tried WebEx before? It is a great tool to chat with students and bring in a guest speaker.

Shelly Crider

Honestly I have never even thought about the concept of having a guest speaker for an online course. I think I like idea however. I think it can re-engage the students. Something new and exciting at the time as ell as something for them to look forward to when its on the schedule.

Dawn Huber

Sign In to comment