Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Communication

In the ever increasing online socializing, I find that engagement is dependent on the information and discussion. Delivering information in an entertaining way and stimulating conversation rests with the instructor. The instructor must make sure that they are reaching out to the students to keep them engaged.

Michael,
I like that you brought up the online socializing. Students really like this way of communication, so we should bring our knowledge in some sort of same way.

Shelly Crider

You're right, Michael, that education to some extent needs to be entertaining when we are engaging the students in an online environment. I think that it's a personal assessment to really divine out what is entertaining and what is not--just as matters of all personal taste. What does translate well is enthusiasm, which we as instructors can insure is understood thought our verbal communication skills, as well as the content that we make available.

Communication in the online classes is essential to the classes. I like it when we have discussion boards that keep the students engaged and the students can comment on each others comments so it keeps the flow of the conversation alive

Kristina ,
Beautiful statement here! Communication is a task we instructors need to use and use!

Shelly Crider

Sign In to comment