Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Supplemental Reading

Important to add related material for those students that want to research further on that subject or use other resources for projects or presentations

Beth,

Great point - give students a means to extend their learning.

Jon

I believe it is also important to provide supplementary material(s) for those students who are having difficulty with the course material. These supplemental materials should provide those students with different types of reteaching material(s) to help them comprehend and understand the subject material and/or objectives.

That's how I've been using supplemental reading - as material to help teach the subject a different way. I also add suplemental reading so the student can go deeper into the subject, too.

Susan

Susan your comments are correct. I use supplemental reading as an added source of material to help students develop an over view points on subject. It also helps them to develop their critical thinking skills, because they can now compare different sources of information.

I also believe in providing supplemental reading materials that contain more concepts and align with the course topics. The supplemental materials can benefit most of the students. The materials may help in enhancing the understanding of the concepts and the topics. Some students can also use the materials to get additional information.

Sitara

Nagalakshmi ,
Additional resources are always good for students to have. Not all will use, but those who do will benefit.

Shelly Crider

Sign In to comment