Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Online Delivery and Media

I've found that online delivery is a great way do provide education. As a new online instructor, what types of different media do you use and how do you account for the time it may take to show the media? Thank you for your responses.

Michael,
Have you tried screener or youtube?? Students love these two and there are many more....I am sure you will want to jot down other resources as they are dropped in this conversation!

Shelly Crider

Hi, Michael~

I give software demonstrations through our Live Chat feature, as well as providing links, images and videos for students to access. By including imagery in our Discussion Board assignment, the topics remain more lively and it helps students to leverage the visual composition terms that they are learning in class.

The use of video links, in either the announcement or the Discussion Board lessons, allows students to manage their own time and watch when they choose.

As far as time management goes in the Live Chats, we typically divide the lesson in 2 one hour shifts, only occasionally going over time and supplementing with additional demonstrations.

~Katina

I use the following sites and students love them.

http://text-to-speech.imtranslator.net/

www.remind.com

John

John,
thank you for the resources!! As an instructor, we can never have enough resources!

Shelly Crider

Sign In to comment