Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Evaluation

I think it is imperative to continuously evaluate your course and strategies.

Exactly....the world changes every second, we need to keep up to date.

Jimmie, this is absolutely correct since change is all around us and occurs daily.

As I mentioned in a prior thread, sometimes the hyperlinks that are embedded in a course go dead.

Trying to stay current is a challenge for sure but worth the effort in order to deliver a course that is worthwhile and meaningful to the students.

We also need to reevaluate a course based on the feedback of the students. It is important to keep improving courses.

Hanna....that is an excellent point. Education is not about who develops it, it is about the student!

Evaluation is an ongoing process. In some areas new information about a field like computers changes daily. What was popular today is old by the end of the month. Checking links has to be an ongoing process as well. There is nothing more frustating then having a link that is dead. Once again websites come and go.

Oh so true....make sure you check your links often.

I agree that it is imperative to evaluate your course and strategies. This is how you, as a teacher, continue to learn and grow. If you stop evaluating things in your course then you become stagnant and in danger of becoming bored with your course and this presents a lot of missed opportunities for growth.

Kim

I agree with this totaly. By getting feedback from the students, You intern find out what is working and what isnt. Then you can modify some of the course.

brian,
It is nice to modify your quizzes now and then. It helps to keep cheating down.

Shelly Crider

There should always be room for improvement in executing courses based on students' ongoing evaluations

Jenny,
Oh I so agree!! How many times have you presented a lecture in the traditional to one class and then turn around to give to another and the students simply do not get it?

Shelly Crider

I agree! When I teach ISD I always share a story...between my Freshman and Sophomore year in college, I got a job hanging wallpaper. Despite the advice of my mentor I measured the wall in one spot and then cut all my pieces. Little did I know that not all wall space in a given room is the same size- So I had to spend my entire projected profit for the job purchasing more wallpaper and doing the job over! The moral of this story is to check (or evaluate) between each and every piece or step to ensure that you are not getting too far off the mark- otherwise you will be wasting a lot of time and money.

Robin,
I love this example Robin!! Live and learn!!

Shelly Crider

Sign In to comment