Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Add-Ons to a Course Syllabus

Students seldom review the entire course syllabus.
I like to add highlighted text to important components of the syllabus and I also like to add different bullets and clip art as well.

What are some extra add-ons that can be added to a course syllabus that will entice more students to read the syllabus?

Some document types (like Microsoft Word) allow you to add comments or notes to the syllabus. You could add informal comments or other information to provide inline explanation or commentary on an "official" syllabus.

Yes, or send an addendum.

You can add alot of class information but see what your institution has for you to use. Some has particular guidelines to what should and can be used in the course syllabus.

Q

Quiana,
Excellent! We have to be sure that we as instructors are not posting things we should not! Cite your work!

Shelly Crider

I attend online classes and on instructor provided a sample copy of how he prefers assignments to be submitted. This is something you could consider adding to your suallabus.

Deborah,
That is an awesome idea. To prepare students on how to provide their work.....excellent!

Shelly Crider

The more we can give models to the students to see the type of work they are to do, the better.

The assignment may be very clear to us, but for the student hearing this for the first time. the clarity may not be as high.

This is just like a math textbook that gives an explanation, but has an example for the student to see how the work is being completed.

Let's not make assumptions and but paint the picture clear for the students..

Merle,
Assumptions.....oh that is a mouthful right there!! The minute we make an assumption, we will become disappointed.

Shelly Crider

Sign In to comment