Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Soo much of what I have read until now has already been part of my experiences as a chef. Discipline, respect and organization for me is the base for building a successful career. Recipe, techniques, math, flavor profiles and other nuances, can be taught.     

Being an Instructor, I found the description of generations very interesting. Exploring different cultures and eating habits of the students. Reminds me when I was in Culinary School my palate had changed. I was more open to different foods and techniques.  I am really enjoying this course. 

I've learned that students from different generations will respond differently to teaching. I found that to be the most interesting and challenging thing. I also feel that the chapter on recipe vs technique to be very important. Technique is the backbone of a chef. 

It was interesting to learn about the different types of work ethic and motivation involved with varying generations.  As a Culinary Instructor, I find the millennials and Gen Z to lack a strong work ethic as a whole.  I know I should not generalize, but this has been my experience.  I am always searching for ways to motivate and inspire them.

I really liked the information about the different generations and how they learn. 

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities