Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

ED112

This was my best course by far.Before I became a Insructor I was was in my Field for 34 yrs. I love to tell them the stories of the things I have done.Their eyes become wide and thay have so many questions for me.I love to share with them.They allways come in my class and ask me to tell one more and I am very glad to do it.Thankyou for the great course

Kathleen, you are welcome. Keep telling your compelling stories that make your students think and remember. They are working!

Michele Deck

I have to agree! I truly enjoyed your information. Do you have any other courses?

Ashley, yes I teach 2 other courses for MaxKnowledge, ED310 and ED311.

Michele Deck

I ALSO USE STORIES TO ENGAGE MY STUDENTS! IT IS SO MUCH FUN TO SEE THEIR FACES AND THEIR REACTIONS AND IT ALSO IS A TOOL FOR REMEMBERANCE FOR THEM, I GET REACTIONS AFTER THE STUDENTS GRADUATE WHERE THEY STATE THEY ENCOUNTERED " ONE OF MY STORIES IN THE FIELD " AND IT REMINDED THEM OF HOW TO REACT TO THE SITUATION

I always use stories from my experiences and when possible I try to show them images and reports with the personal information removed of course to help solidify the lesson. The students always want to know if I've seen this or that or if I know of anyone who had this or that. It's always a fun learning experience when I can share such stories because it gets the students pumped up for their career choice!

Allyson, these stories make the content real and personal to your students. Keep up the good work!

Michele Deck

I agree, this is one of the best courses I have taken within the group offerings. I learned more techniques to take back to class and try.
Being in private practice before teaching does give the opportunity to provide "real life" stories for the students. They not like to hear them but can also share their personal accounts with patients as dental assistants.

Kimberlee, incorporating real life stories is such a wonderful teaching tool. Please continue to use them.

Michele Deck

I agree with Mrs. Helm. I, too, have been in the medical field for over 40 years. I have many stories to tell. And, every time, I am able to engage at least one, if not, all my students.

Sign In to comment