Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

games

Doing these type of games would be beneficial when it comes to the skeletal system..Will try them..!

Thank you for being willing to try a new teaching idea. You might even find this a better and easier way to get students to learn the content!

I teach Nail technology and I am also a Medical Assisting student. I find for me that game help me learn new information. I know, for me, that games help me to relax and make the learning process more fun and by using games in class with my students it also helps them relax and learn.

Anxiety can get in the way of thinking and remembering for students, so games and other activities can be low risk and not threatening for learners.

I agree with you. Some students are intimidated or unsure of themselves and anxiety can surely get in the way of remebering. I cant think of too many individuals that dont like games I think that games are a great low risk activity for all learners.

Occasionally, I find a learner who doesn't like games, but if they view them as reviews and learning tools, they usually go along with the plan, and then see the value as they are able to remember he content.

I have found that the students enjoy the fun learning activities such as the games mentioned in this forum.

I too have some that are immediately put off by games. I remind them it is all about remembering what they are learning and once they join in they seem to have fun.

It's not unusual to have resistant students who do not like everything we try to use in the classroom. The key is to encourage them to try new things. Some do end up liking it.

I find that the students are hesitant most times to participate in some games because they fear failure and/or embarrassment. I find that my constant reassurance and non-judgment help thier confidence levels, and alot of students come out of their shells and participate more.

Being reassuring and helpful does increase student confidence, and willingness to participate.

This business of students being in shells and resisting to come out of them sometimes is a quality that some students use to get attention. Once or twice should be enough reassurance.

I find that sometimes those that are afraid to participate in these activities is really a fear of exposing their lack of knowlegde of the material.

This has been an interesting course. Games are great teaching/learning tools. I have some new ones to try.

Definitely a useful game. Label the bones, bumps and lumps. Label the circuit, transformers and meters. It gets the stuents up and about and engaged.

I will have to try them as well. Lets see how it pans our.

Games help those who do not dominate a particular subject, because they see, hear the correct answer and it will stick.

I agree completely.

I too have found that not all students are will to play games or like to play games. Once I emphysised that it would be a useful tool to learn they generally open their minds and play along.

Some students need a rationale before relaxing and seeing value in a game.

The students will earn more during the games because the won't have their anxiety up trying to memorize it for the test. I definitely enjoy the games in the learning approach.

Sign In to comment