Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Matching

Using flashcards in a matching game would be very interesting and fun. Matching the cards to make combining forms would be great.

It would like the old spelling B.

We know those spelling bees were successful tools for learning.

Using flashcards in matching game and having students with different teams. they learn from one another and they also learn social skills

I use flash card words with more than one answer. It gets my class talking. I must say, that I only do this when I review for the national board exam.

Reviewing for the national exam is a great time for this activity.

I like using the "memory" game. I have a flashcard for the word then I have a picture of what it is pertaining to.

That is an excellent idea, I will have to remember that

Matching words to the picture is great for anatomy as well.

I have set up stations throughout the classroom. I will put a matching game at each station and give the students a few minutes to complete the station. When their time is up they can get the answer sheet out of the envelope and see if their matches are correct.If they answered something wrong I have them write it down so they know what they need to study for the test.

Jomarie Gagne

Stations are a great teaching idea as you have documented here.

I think using matching card is a very good way to provide the repetition needed to remember the terms. I used them myself when I was a student and they were an excellent tool for me.

I use the flash card for, both the homework assignment and as a study guide for the quizzes. So far, I'm finding this method a winner

using flash cards for matching is a great way to help memorize words and meanings. Being in the medical field using "terminology" has to become second nature.

Deana, because it is second nature to us, we must be sensitive to that not being the case for our learners.

Michele Deck

helps the sutden think of one term while connecting it to the definition

Using pictures along with definitions for matching cards is a great idea. It incorporates the whole brain organizer with the match game. I can't wait to try it.

Cheryl, I know you will have success using these tools.

Michele Deck

Victoria, which is the process you want to happen,

Michele Deck

Sign In to comment