Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Activity Ideas

I love the idea of crossword puzzles. I will use them for fillers as students finish test. It can give them a head start on the next chapter.

Great ideas. I can't wait to try them!

Hi, Tammy!
Not only are crossword puzzles a great supplement while students are finishing a test, they also serve as a great study tool. Puzzles help them to think outside the box and use critical thinking skills. I personally encourage anything that is creative, to help a student reach their true potential.

I agree with the crossword puzzles. The thinking skills and also the spelling really help.

I like the idea of using these as fillers as other students are still finishing their exams

I love the ide crossword puzzles as warm ups towards the next learning assignments. Even if they have never saw the information, if they do the assignment they will be familiar with this once the lecture is presented to the class. When the lecture is started it will reintroduce the students to the material that was seen on the crossword puzzle.

The "teachers CD" that comes with many of the Medical Terminology books have great crosswords already put together. I've been using them for awhile and they are great. Check your manual to see you have any that are ready to go.

I love this idea. I am always looking for something for my students to do after they finish their tests/quizzes that won't interupt the other students but will also not make the ones who are done first feel like they are just sitting them wasting time. I will be making and looking through my text books for some good puzzles in the near future.

Sign In to comment