Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

spelling quizes

although they are not very popular I give a weekly or by chapter spelling test to my medical classes. Then when they see the words on the main test they have a better understanding of how to say them and spell them

I could'nt agree more. I always share with student the notion that if one can spell a word, usually that word will begin to carry real meaning for them.

I use a weekly spelling quiz with a matching portion to link the word to a definition.
I will call out the words for spelling, then hand out the definitions on a separate sheet. They can use their spelling words as a word bank.

I like this spelling quiz idea. Does it worry the visual and hands on learners, or do they find it easy?

I also give weekly spelling test. During the week the class goes to the board and practices. We also divide into teams and "race" The first one to spell the word correctly gets the point.

You have seen the benefit of competition as a motivator for learning.

I use spelling quizes with a multiple choice of how to spell a word. I then give them a definition exercise and they are asked to match them up. Most of students like this.

i think that is an excellent idea and plan to incorporate it in my class.

I liked the spelling quizes, and the different varieties added to it. I will sure try them in future classes

Sign In to comment