Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Family Fued is a favorite in my class. So is Jeopardy!

A great game is "Who wants to be a millionare?"

Maria, since everyone knows the rules of those games, it cuts out the explanation time.

This is a great idea. I can't wait to try it with my students.

love this idea!

This sounds like a great idea for reviewing a chapter. I am definitely going to try this. Thanks!

I try and have my classes to go group projects, an example would be for A & P Reproductive System, I broke them up into 2 groups One of them made a game over the female reporductive or bought in fruit and made the male reproductive systems.

Sounds like fun!

The first few times our class played the jeopardy game, a few of the students answered most of the questions. As time progressed all the students enjoy and participate. The games are taken home and studied. Test grades have reflected the achievement.

It's great to see a positive correlation with test grades, Mary. Thanks for sharing your success!

Never thought of Family Feud but sounds like a good idea. My weekend classes are always small usually 6 students.

I find it difficult with a small class of 6 students to keep them engaged in games and activities. I am not very creative when it comes to making word searches and crossword puzzles.

I prefer memory.. I like pictures with terms or pictures with definitions. If students tend to be visual learners and they retain imagery best this can be a great retention tool.

I would like any suggestions on how to go step by step to begin a jeapordy game??

Thanks!

Diane, do an internet search k-12 jeopardy and you will find a number of free sources of the format. This allows you to just input the answers/questions. If you can't do this, the old fashioned way is to use index cards and envelopes to create a jeopardy board.

Michele Deck

I love this, can't believe I never thought of this before. I am always preaching flashcards to my students! This way they can also learn what is most effective when making flashcards, not just from me telling them. Thank you for posting this!

I have had good experience with games in class. Relay word part races, making combinations of words and having them give the definitions and use the collection in case studies, check spelling, decide if it is a real word, etc...

You can try the website www.superteachertools.com this is were I get my template for Jeopardy

Sign In to comment