Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I too like the CD that comes with their manual and includes games on it. I also go to websites from books from another class and combine them.

I like the idea of around the world. I have never heard of this one before. Can't wait to play it.

It is very easy to create a JEOPARDY Game Board.

Check out the website jeopardylabs.com

It used to be free, now the site requests donations by PayPal. It's worth a dollar, but not necessarily worth $20.

There are several templates you can view.

Remember your access code that is given to you for your personally built board. The website does not retain your code.

What is . . .Lots of Fun.

klg

Thanks for the source of the Jeopardy game you use for your frame. It is indeed easy to create one of these boards and reusable with different classes.

We have written a list of anatomical terms on the board, than have the students label a "model" (we're a veterinary technician program, so we use stuffed animals :) with each term, and than introduce their animal to the class an go over each labeled site.

This has helped with pronunciation, and involves a lot of repetition by the time the whole class has introduced and identified their patient!

Ann, this a wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing it with us. It gives the students ownership, practice and repetition.

I myself, love crosswords and word searches. There are so many we can make up for every class. We have also played pin the part on the skeleton, or label the bumps and lumps on the bones, or label the fossas and depressions on the bones. We have also played a game for labeling the circuit; transformers, meters, source of power etc. It helps the students to remember things in order. Plus it gets them up and about to place their labels corrctly.

Thanks for sharing this idea and your success with it.

Crosswords work great for pathophysiology. The reproductive topics tend to be to tempting for students not to joke about in class. I have oftern used to crossword puzzle to avoid class disruption and review the material

Irby, reproductive topics are great content to use with crossword puzzles. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Michele Deck

Yes, I agree the words are long so there are at least room for several question threads. Also, we have found the crossword puzzle increase retention of vocabulary words while improving spelling. Spelling is critical for entry level allied health professionals.

I teach medical coding. I think the Bingo for abbreviations might work well with my students. Coders have to learn the medical abbreviations because doctors use them in the medical reports. Or may be Word Abbreviations where the abbreviation is on Flash cards are then passed around the room and each student must say the meaning of the particular flash card abbreviation.

Joanne, I like both of these adaptations as they can reengage Learners as necessary.

Michele Deck

How great. It is amazing how popular jeopardy is still for so many age groups. It is an immediate hit when we use it in the classroom for review. Wish I had that music and template program you mentioned.

Karen, it is easy to find templates on a search engine by looking at k through 12 teacher resources.

Michele Deck

I like this idea. A little competition is good and a great learning tool!

Sign In to comment