Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Jeopardy

I like using the Jeopardy game in my veterinary terminology class. The student are broken into small groups and each group has a farm animal buzzer. The questions get harder the more points they are worth and the final jeopardy question is fun for the students. This game is actually great for any class review, not just terminology.

Carrie, I like the farm animal sounds with your topic, it is clever.

Michele Deck

Hi Ms. Fellows. Thank you for your posting. I like using jeapardy as well, and I am currently teaching a Medical Terminology class this term. I just may utilize this game as well as some of the others mentioned in this class to help my students retain the information. There is a great deal terminology and oftentimes the students become overwhelmed. The games may be a great outlet for them.

I love using Jeopardy in med term. It is so exciting to see how much each student has retained. They love going for the big questions early just to see how well they are really doing.

I use a Jeopardy game called "Big Board Facts".  It available online.  The only problem I have had is determining which group is signalling.  I also love the idea of using different animal sound buzzers.  Hate to be redundant, but this has actually been my biggest problem with this game.  Otherwise, the students love it and learn a lot.

I use jeopardy in all of my classes at some point in the year.  I set the game up for the last 15 minutes of the class when I really need the students to stay engaged and I use the questions as a review for content.  I divide the class into two groups "A" and "1" and have questions worth 1-3 points.  I have a captain of each team and the winning team gets possession of "the great oracle"  until the next class. The "great Oracle" really is a plastic Halloween eyeball that came in a package of 20 at Halloween.  The students are so competitive and the level of preparation goes up each class as the students pumped up to win back the prize of "the great oracle".  I have never had a problem with the students forgetting to bring the prize to class. Learning can be fun and the addition of the prize brings out the sense of competition in the students.

Sign In to comment