Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Terminology Games

These games once introduced to the students really adds flavor to classroom, and the students are learning without even realizing they are learning.

Leveda , it is a good thing to transfer knowledge in an enjoyable way.

Michele Deck

Absolutely right

I think the more enjoyable learning is, the easier it is to retain the information.

Niani, I think this is true and I have seen proof of it in my 30+ years of teaching.

Michele Deck

I have to agree, the ball toss is a game that i use on my students on a regular basis. the students have fun and they learn.

I think you hit on the key point. We all want our classroom environments to be fun. When I was in college, obviously there were classes I enjoyed going to and those I didn't. However, I had this old-school mentality that the importance and relevance of the subject matter taught is what most directly influenced my retention. That's an absurd thought that I'm ashamed to admit I had until recently. Fun increases retention. I can still remember all the lyrics to my favorite songs from the 80s and 90s...because it was fun to learn the words to begin with. Repetition clearly plays a part in this type of learning...but when we make our classroom activities fun, that also encourages repetition naturally as well.

Vester , I think your comments are so relevant and will ring true for many people that take this course. Thank you for sharing.

Michele Deck

I love the idea of using games to keep students interested in learning. It makes for a fun learning environment and one that the students will look forward to participating in

Donna, I have found much success with these strategies and I wish you the best of luck with them, also.

Michele Deck

I agree the more students enjoy the class the more the student will retain and suceed in the class

How frequently would you recommend utilizing games into the classroom? Everyday? once a week? or is it more aligned with the content--beginning or end of learning info?

Stacie, I would suggest you use activities with critical content that is not understood or remembered with lecture.

Michele Deck

Sign In to comment