Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Small Individual White Board Activity

Most students like to write on white boards. Using small (inexpensive) white boards, the instructor can ask questions pertaining to the topic and ask the students to write on their white board. A score can be kept if the class is competitive.

This invites frequent involvement and can give the instructor immediate feedback.

I have my students come up to the board and define the terms. This gives me a range of where the students understanding is.

This evaluation of each students learning is a useful assessment idea. Thanks!

I have used this type of "game" before. It can gauge how much the students really know about the information. It definitely can get competitive for points between the students. Also, its easy to use in a small class setting.

I also would only recommend this activity in a small group setting. I find it to help in assisting them in determining how we should proceed in the next level of terms

I realize that this activity makes students get involved,beside that I have used also the central board in order to get also feedback ,I have realized that this additional activity brings the attention of the whole class ,while they come to the board to complete exercises ,name the different structures of a diagram and correct false statements that we purposely write

Richard, I like having students correct false statements, too.

Michele Deck

Sign In to comment