Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Jeopardy Game

I agree with a number of my fellow participants that the jeopardy game is one of many games/learning activities that can be incorporated into the classroom. I would also add that you can use this technique on an as needed basis because at times it gets old and new learning activities must be used to keep the students attention.

When I first started teaching, I was told that I would need to entertain the students to keep them actively involved. I found that stand up comedy in front of many people provided entertainment as well and utilizes a number of techniques similar to capturing the attention of the student. Just an observation.

If you have the natural ability to make people laugh, you should use it. Any tools and talents we have can be shared as a way of facilitating learning.

The power of laughter will definitely make a dry subject, such as Medical suffixes and prefixes, a lot easier to digest and promote long term memory. I have used many pop songs to come up with rhymes, and have the class sing along with me. Really lets you know who your students are, and creates a sense of community in the classroom.

Jason, thanks for sharing this upbeat and fun idea.

I use this game with my students and they like it and the more we play it, the better they remember the medical terminology, and helps them to become ingaged in the class activity.

I also agree with my fellow students that the Jeporady game is a fun game. I also like the bingo game as well. The key to med term is memorization and I agree that students have to be exposed to the new terms at least 6 times before retention takes place. Adults are no different then children when it comes to competing. Everyone wants to be a winner.

I agree with everything you said.

I love the Jeopardy game, my students have played this many times and they love it. There are numerous ways of playing this and the students seem to know how to find them better than myself which is a great plus for the instructor.

Having a very familiar game like Jeopardy saves you time and explanations.

We use the Jeopardy game for final review, it covers the different categories ex. urinary sx., resp. sx. then all questions cover that section. The students are very competative, and learn while having fun.

Jeopardy is always a hit!

This game has been used a lot in my classes it does facilitate learning for the student. I have evaluated it by the students increase in their grades.

Sign In to comment