Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Fun Ways of Learning

In my class I use a variety of things to make class fun and enjoyable. For my Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Terminology classes I break my students into teams. Then I haveone student lie down on a long sheet of constuction paper (we actually take various sheets and tape them together), then the other team member draws their outline. Each team needs to put the bones of the body in the appropriate place. So for the femur they would write femur in the appropriate place and so on. The first team to complete this task wins. This also works well with planes of the body. This is a great way to help them remember medical terms, gets them up and out of their seats and also promotes teamwork.

Melissa, thank you for sharing your idea for involving your students. I will try this and I'm sure others will, too.

I am going to try that in my class, thats a great one! I have a skeleton that students have to cut out, color, label each bone and put together. I encourage the students to emblish their skeletons and they decorate them in different costumes. Students have used various themes like a bride and groom, a pirate and a mermaid and various sports teams represented. They become emotionally tied to the project which enhances memorization and also provides pride in their work and lots of fun!

Ellen, what a fun twist to ask the learners to decorate the skeletons in themes and costumes. I love the pride aspect and that the students really own their work, which is the content.

This is a wonderful way to have students actively participate as well as gathering a better understanding of human anatomy and medical terminology.

Hi, Melissa!
I love this idea! It really sounds like a great way to reinforce knowledge and make learning fun at the same time. I will try it the next time I have an anatomy class. Thanks so much!

Great idea! If gives the students a chance to do some critical thinking without them realizing they are doing it. Thank you

Jacqueline Brown

As well as doing that, I have them mold the body system or organs out of clay and label the parts

Sign In to comment