Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I teach a lot of hands on courses so the wheel of knowledge would be a great idea to tmplement in my class

I teach hands on courses, but I actually don't really understand the wheel's use. Especially in regards to where equipement would be located in an office. Each office is different, even if it is in the same field. I am not understanding the purpose of this? Is it just to make the students familiar with the words?

Alexandra, I have used the wheel to orient learners to one facilitie's emergency cart. I have used the wheel to teach the function of equipment (it lands on Dynamap- they must tell me that is the machine that measures blood pressure and pulse), what equipment to gather for medical procedures.

Okay that makes more sense because I had the same question as Micheal I didnt really understand how to play the game after reading it. But I will surely use some of the other games because I loved the one about communication and the students sharing a memorable vacation and then listing 10 things they saw on the others face.

Half of what I teach is hands on learning, but I'm not entirely comfortable using as many games in my classroom. I have found it useful on the academic side, not as much on the skills side. Most employers that I know are not very game oriented in their expectations of their employees on the job performance.

I like teaching hands one also I am not comfortable with games.

Sign In to comment