Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Using a bed sheet to teach T-cell and B-cell activation for Immunology

I loved the idea Michelle presented using the king-sized bed sheet for teaching the flow of blood through the heart. I am planning on using a slight modification to this for my Immunology class for MLT students next term.

One of the difficult concepts taught in this class is how the T- and B-lymphocytes are activated and what processes they go through for growth (proliferation) and differentiation. I plan on having a neutrophil, a macrophage, a T-lymphocyte, and a B-lymphocyte on the sheet and placing velcro strips in areas where different processes take place. Then I will create separate items that can be placed onto the velcro strips to teach the various processes, cytokines, etc. that occur. I will use this to teach the processes and then have students correctly add the "pieces" themselves to practice.

Dawn, thank you so much for describing how you will adapt the sheet idea. I think this methods will clear up any confusion learners have about the cells. Thanks so much!

Michele Deck

I think the first clinical prior to assessment of the heart will be a great chance to use this tool about circulation.

Rose, I hope this helps your learners to understand this circulation faster and easier.

Michele Deck

This is an great way to teach the circulation of the heart. Students can literally walk through the four chambers and through the valves. They can turn from blue to red as they go through and from the lungs.

Sign In to comment