Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Use of PBS Video and MyLab from Pearson

As a Biology Instructor, I have found that PBS Video (specifically Frontline, NOVA, and Nature) are excellent teaching tools when discussing how topics in Biology affect us on a daily basis. It provides students with an opportunity to witness audio, visual, and current events all at the same time. In my class, I usually assign a "Video Synopsis" where a student is required to write a two-page summary on the plot of the movie and on criticisms and reactions. Additionally, as an English Instructor I found that some students who are struggling with grammar, spelling, and punctuation can work on MyWritingLab. This resource allows students to take virtual quizzes, listen to audio recordings, and practice their textbook problems from the comfort of their homes. The result is an increase in student performance and confidence.

Jose,

Thank you for sharing! I also turn to PBS video for my lectures and assigned viewing. I believe the content is well researched and very reliable.

Wishing you continued success in the classroom.

Theresa Schmitt

I am an English instructor and find Pearson an excellent resource, especially for students struggling with grammar.

Pearson offers some excellent teaching tools and methodologies to use in the classroom. With permission through MMTC and Pearson,I utilize their presentations, labs and quiz banks.

I am a Math teacher and I find Pearson's MyMathLab to be a wonderful tool for students.

Sign In to comment