Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Importance of Videoconferencing for Multiple Campuses

The academic institution where I teach is comprised of a chain of for-profit technical colleges throughout the Southern United States. If there was ever a need for instructors to come together and hash out new teaching strategies or tips for classroom management, this is all made possibly through videoconferencing. Schools can save money and will have an opportunity to team up with colleagues who show great promise in their classrooms and with their curriculum.

Wow! We have several campuses as well. Our management team participates in teleconferencing, but the instructors are not included yet. Thanks for this insight, I am going to suggest it to my manager.

You are right. This is the advantage of technology. In this era where companies no not want to spend money on travelling, video conferencing is a good tool. I worked witha curriculum action group, where we revised many courses on video conferencing. Its a virtual meeting era now and technology helps in saving money( although sometimes I want to go rather than being a part of video conference)
Regards
Javaid

We have teacher education training with video conferences. The problems are the quality and the technology. It seems there needs to be more work on these issues.

Sign In to comment