Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

online chat

How can we tell when the students are using the phones for the good of education.

Stu,

I personally walk the room, group to group, and monitor cell phone usage to ensure they are not abusing this privilege.

Wishing you continued success in the classroom.

Theresa Schmitt

the cell phone use is tough in my class they aren't allowed cell phone. so when they pull them out they are using them for the wrong thing for sure but we do have to watch if them have them out and every three weeks they have a new way to hide the phone it's amazing what they can come up with on hiding some can text without even pulling the phone out of there pocket it the question of what's next

Bryan,

So many are simply addicted to technology! As the mother of a twenty-year-old son, I can attest to the fact he is rarely without his phone in his hand.

Wishing you continued success in the classroom.

Theresa Schmitt

While I do see the value in using new technologies in the classroom, there is a time and place for everything. I firmly believe that an over-reliance on technology stunts critical thinking skills. There is something to be said about thinking through a problem just using brain power.

Sign In to comment